Click the picture or property title below for an in-depth property description and more pictures or click here to access all MLS Listings.Happy Trails To You - For Sale
14 Happy Trail Taos, NM 87571
The Best Deal in the Greater World Community !!! - For Sale
13 S Lemuria Taos, NM 87571
The Phoenix - For Sale
38 Gorge View
Waybee Earthship - For Sale
17 Earthship Way
Green Living at Its Best - For Sale
classic yet modern earthship
Lemuria Earthship - Sold
2 North Lemuria
Green and Green - For Sale
Split Level - For Sale
265 Mesa Sea Road - For Sale
265 Mesa Sea Road
Good Things Come In Small Packages - For Sale
Earthship in Greater World - Sold
Earthship Under Construction
Contemporary Earthship - Sold
Earthship Land - For Sale
Located in the Greater World Earthship Subdivision
Earthship with Outstanding Views - Sold
Earthship West Gorge
Gorge View Earthship - For Sale
Off-The-Grid Green Living
The Aloha - For Sale
The Perfect Getaway - Sold
Solar Living - Sold
1795 Forest Service Rd.493
Tres Peidras Earthship - For Sale
Earthship In the Making
The Euro Earthship
Global Model Earthship
The Global Model Earthship is the most high-performance Earthship design. It is geared towards providing all the amenities of a typical well-built American home. The main difference being that the total annual utility bill is around $100 for a Global Model Earthship.
Global Earthship designs range from Studio size homes to over three bedrooms, two bathrooms. These Earthships achieve superior thermal performance thanks to the double greenhouse design and the underground cooling tubes.
Off-grid, Sustainable Features
- 1.8 KW of solar panels
- (6) Surette 4V batteries
- Outback 3.5KW true sine wave inveter
- (4) 1700 gallon cisterns, 6400 total water storage capacity 2 solar water collectors
- 60 gallon solar hot water storage tank
- Solar heated roof collection
- (5) Ventilation tubes
- (2) Convection skylights
- (5) Operable Velux windows
- Gray water interior planters
- Optional gray or fresh water flush toilets
- Exterior contained sewage treatment system
- Beautiful Southwestern vigas in main living space
- Natural adobe mud plaster throughout
- Flagstone entry and hallway through greenhouse
- Custom bottle brick work in main living space and master bedroom
- Glass tile backsplash above kitchen counter and cabinets
- Built-in closets in every bedroom
- Washer and dryer hook-up
- Propane range
- DC solar powered refrigerator
- High efficiency lighting throughout
- WiFi available from Taos Net
- Small fenced yard for pets
Master Bedroom & Bathroom 2
The Greater World Earthship Community
- To reduce the economic and institutional barriers between humans and their habitat.
- To reverse the overall negative effect that conventional human housing has on this planet.
- To create a less stressful plane of existence for humans in an effort to reduce the stress that they in turn place on the planet and each other.
- To interface economics and ecology in a way that immediately and tangibly affects current pressing problems with life on earth.
- To provide a direction for those who want to live in peace with each other and their environment.
- To empower individuals with the unarguable forces of nature as opposed to incapacitating them with the smothering forces of politics and bureaucracy.
- To find and distribute the appropriate soil from which the flower of humanity can blossom.
The Greater World Earthship Community is the world's largest off-grid, legal subdivision. The community sits on 630 acres just 15 minutes northwest of Taos, New Mexico.
The community is platted for 130 homes. Community members own their land, fee simple. There are approximately 60 homes in the community at the present time. Members own lots which vary in size from .75 acres to 3 acres. More than half of the total land is owned in common. This 347 acre "green belt" is never to be built upon.
The community is exclusively Earthship homes. There is a Board of Directors who enforce the Land User's Code.
Annual dues for the community are currently $150 for road maintenance and the community improvement fund. Property taxes are assessed by Taos County.
For more information on The Greater World Earthship Community please visit: http://earthship.com/community.